- Construction law
- Lien and bond claims
- Contract law
- OSHA defense
- Administrative law
- Campbell University School of Law, J.D., 1988
- Campbell University, Bachelor of Arts in political science, 1985
- North Carolina
Notable Accomplishments/Awards/Special Recognitions:
- Associate of the Year, NCAEC, 2013
- WCA, 2009
- NCAEC, 1998 and 1999
- Campbell University School of Law, Distinguished Service, 1988
- Certificates of Appreciation, NC Student Legislature, 1985
- Campbell University School of Law, Campbell Law Observer, served as associate editor
- Life Member, National Registry of Who’s Who
- Member of the following organizations: Johnston County Homebuilders Association, Wake County Electrical Contractors, North Carolina Homebuilders Association, NCAEC, WCA, ICRI and other trade associations
- Founding member, Harnett County Homebuilders Association
- Former member, Dunn Jaycees
A native of Dunn, N.C., Andy currently resides in Clayton, N.C., and is married with two children.
Victor A. (Andy) Anderson, Jr.
Victor A. (Andy) Anderson, Jr., is of counsel with Anderson Jones and has extensive experience representing owners, municipalities, design professionals, general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers in litigation and transactional matters, collections, lien and bond claims, construction disputes, administrative law, OSHA defense, contracts, licensing and related legal matters. He is licensed to practice law in North Carolina and before the N.C. Court of Appeals, N.C. Supreme Court, U.S. Federal District Court Eastern, Middle and Western Districts, U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Andy is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association and Construction and Administrative Law Sections, is a certified Superior Court mediator, a notary public and a former member of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Construction Law Council. He has led numerous seminars on construction matters and has taught seminars for Carolinas Associated General Contractors, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC), Mechanical Contractors of North Carolina (MCNC), North Carolina Association of Electrical Contractors (NCAEC), Waterproofing Contractors of America (WCA), International Concrete Repair Institute (ICRI), North Carolina Homebuilders Association, Johnston County Homebuilders Association, Carolinas Roofing and Sheet Metal Contractors Association (CRSMCA), Steel Erectors of America (SEAA), North Carolina Masonry Contractors Association, and numerous other trade associations. In addition, he has taught Continuing Legal Education classes for attorneys in construction law and OSHA defense.
Andy serves as general counsel for the following construction trade associations: NCAEC, WCA and ICRA. He has represented the SEAA and the CRSMCA in North and South Carolina. In addition, he is a member of ABC Governmental Affairs Committee and legislative subcommittee, and former chairman of the continuing legal education committee of the Construction Law Section of the N.C. Bar Association. As General Counsel for the NCAEC, WCA and ICRI, his service for these organizations includes North and South Carolina.
Andy holds an unlimited general contractor license and has experience working in residential, commercial and public construction as a laborer, foreman and project manager.